A Study in Sparkling by Jodi McAlister Publishes 9/15/26
An overall excellent romance novel! Five out of Five Stars.
I really enjoyed the first book in this series so I was excited to see this novel out. I would caption this book "Romance but with Substance". You also don't have to have read the first book to enjoy this one. This story focuses on Fiona and Satoshi. Fiona is reeling because he ex has come back in her life and now wants to have contact with her kids. Not only that but he wants his children from his other family to meet Fiona's kids. Fiona finds herself taking refuge at Tsundoku and turning to Satoshi for comfort. Satoshi would do anything for Fiona as he is madly in love with her. The only problem is Fiona thinks Satoshi is too young for her and has a ton of emotional baggage from her first marriage. In this novel they both try to find a way to navigate their feelings and deal with all of life's punches.
First of all, after reading this, I feel like I know so much more about wine. I loved the atmosphere that the novel creates and I so wish I had a place that I could go read books at and drink excellent drinks. More than that though the story was just good. I did not want to stop reading. As a mom myself I personally connected to Fiona's struggles. I loved how she navigated situations and I constantly got her self doubt. I also think the romance was top notch. It was spicy but not over the top. There is just something about the writing that had me hooked. This was an excellent story and I look forward to reading more by this author.
Thank you to Atria Books and NetGalley for this ARC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Comments
Post a Comment