Rabbit Rabbit by Jennifer E. Smith Publishes 12/15/26


 A powerful story about following your own dreams no matter what the cost. 


Billie, a 39 single female, on New Year's Eve in Florence, Italy, meets the man of her dreams. Arthur is his name and he is from Scotland.  The only problem is, she had just made up her mind that she is going to have a baby on her own.  They have an instant connection and sparks fly.  However he does not want kids.  Over the next year Billie tries to figure out what she truly wants.  Does she want a relationship with Arthur and no baby or to have the baby and no Arthur?  


I thought this novel posed a thought provoking scenerio and really kept the reader guessing as to what was going to happen.  I really liked Billie as a character and liked the romantic elements between her and Arthur.  Both of them had past trauma which seemed to spur their decisions.  There were times in the novel though that I wanted them to be more flexible but people in real life rarely are.  This was an interesting novel which read very quickly for me.  I was interested the entire time because I was curious how this was going to turn out.  I really did not know until the very end.  I think this would make a great Book Club book because there was a lot to unpack and discuss.  This will definitely get you thinking.  

4 out of 5 Stars

Thank you to Ballantine Books and NetGalley for this ARC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the Girls Were by Kate Schatz Publishes 3/3/26

The Shippers by Katherine Center Publishes 5/19/26

Double Shadow by Andrew Ludington Publishes 4/21/26