The Vanished by Irina Shapiro Publishes 9/17/26
4.5 Stars- I was so excited to see this book was out as I have loved reading the other 9 books in this series. It has been awhile since the last book in the series was published but I was able to pick this up and get right back into the world of Quinn. What makes this series unique is that it blends a little bit of fantasy with historical fiction.
In this novel Quinn investigates with Rhys, a body that has been found preserved in a well in the Lake District in England. They are hoping that a ring found on the body will speak to Quinn and she will be able to uncover what happened to the body so they can use the story to resurrect their television show Echoes from the Past. The pressure is on because Quinn was outed as a psychic and there are a lot of people who don't believe she has the gift. After investigating Quinn learns that the body is a young woman from the 1920s and that her family was in a difficult situation due to her father having incurable cancer. The estate they live on does not allow females to inherit and all of their male relatives are dead except for one who is in the United States. The question becomes how did she end up in that well and who could possibly have done this to her. However this is not the only mystery in the story. In the modern story line, Quinn's brother, Logan, has gone missing. Logan is a single father to a five year old named Max. Quinn takes guardianship of Max while trying to search for her brother but things get more complicated as it seems that someone is trying to kidnap Max. Quinn must figure out not only what happened to Logan but also how to keep Max and her own family safe.
This was another fantastic addition to this series. I was so happy to see another book after so many years and I hope there are more to come. There was lots of mystery and action. There were some great twists that I did not see coming as well. I also enjoy the historical aspects as well as the touch of fantasy. Such a great novel that anyone will enjoy.
Thank you to Storm Publishing and NetGalley for this ARC.
Comments
Post a Comment