Just Like a Dream by Lauren Evans Publishes 11/3/26


 3.5 Stars- I thought the premise of this romance was interesting.  Imagine a team of people working to give you just the right dream to motivate you to take the next important step in your life.  


Olivia has always been super competitive and goal driven.  Her entire life she has tried to be perfect. When she is assigned to do a dream for one of her friends it doesn't go well.  Her old rival, Connor steps in to help as this is an important dream that needs to go right.  Old resentments spring up for Olivia but there is also attraction there.  Connor and Olivia must figure out how to work together to get this dream right before everything falls apart. 


The romance between Connor and Olivia wa a slow burn but once it got going I did enjoy their relationship.  I did feel for Olivia, and I thought she made great growth throughout the novel.  I just felt that overall the pacing of this novel needed a little pick me up.  There also was a lot of coroporate jargin that I didn't really enjoy.  I think I wanted more of a fantasy element since they were working with dreams but that was not the case and thiat is more of a me problem then anything on the part of the author.  I do think this was a decent romance with an unusual premise.  I just wanted more to happen at a quicker pace. 


Thank you to Dell Publishing and NetGalley for this ARC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the Girls Were by Kate Schatz Publishes 3/3/26

The Shippers by Katherine Center Publishes 5/19/26

Double Shadow by Andrew Ludington Publishes 4/21/26