Murder Unabridged by P.J. Nelson Publishes 12/1/26


 3.5 Stars- "Murder Unabridged" was a cozy mystery that featured a wide range of interesting characters.  This is the third in the series but I had not previously read the other two books.  I was easily able to enjoy this as a standalone but I was definitely missing some finer points about some of the relationships between characters.  


Madeline is an actress and owner of a bookshop that she inherited from her aunt.  A distant relative comes to stay with her and claims to have committed a murder in her home.  Maddy thinks he is harmless though and lets him sleep over at her house.  Come morning he is dead and Maddy becomes the prime suspect in his murder.  Maddy must discover how he could have been poisoned in her own home before she ends up in jail. 


This mystery moved along and was overall enjoyable.  However my biggest complaint with this book was that I figured out very early on who committed the murder.  In a mystery I really enjoy being surprised and always hope for a fun twist.  I do think this series has potential and I would read more about Maddy's adventures.


Thank you to Minotaur Books and NetGalley for this ARC. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the Girls Were by Kate Schatz Publishes 3/3/26

The Shippers by Katherine Center Publishes 5/19/26

Double Shadow by Andrew Ludington Publishes 4/21/26