Saved by the Spell by Tanya Huff Publishes 11/3/26
5 Stars!!!! I absolutely adored this book! Witty dialogue, heroes vs villians, a magical school, mystery, and lots of action make for a must read novel!
Abby is a teacher at the High School for the Magical Arts in southern Ontario. She teaches English and has a homeroom of 9th graders. This year is anything other than normal. After a series of events happen where students are in danger, Abby discovers that her homeroom has a hero. Having a hero in her class means that there has to be a villain. Abby is tasked with discovering who that villain is so she can protect her students and the school.
First of all, I am a teacher so I instantly connected with Abby and her humor. I also loved that the teacher was the main character. In so many other books that have magical schools the students are always the main characters, so to have a book from the teacher's point of view was extra special. I thought it elevated the story and so much of it was relatable as well as humorous. The world that this story was set up in was unique and I truly want to read more about it. People had designated magical abilities that put them into different categories. This will have a big impact later on in the story. I also enjoyed the mystery aspect of trying to figure out who the villain was. Plus the action kept me glued to the pages. I did not want this story to end. Overall this was a fantastic novel and I truly hope that there will be more. It checked all the right boxes for me and is one of my best reads of this year.
Thank you to DAW and NetGalley for this ARC.
Comments
Post a Comment