A Labor of Love Potion by Hannah Pettit Publishes 2/9/27

 


An enemies to lovers novel but set in a world with love potions and magic.  


Rosemary is driven to save her potion shop but there is a huge cost.  She has to convince Bowen, a guy who hates her to love her.  To make matters worse, she is pretty sure he is saying horrible things about her and trying to ruin her business.  As Rosemary attempts to do the impossible, she just may find out that she doesn't hate Bowen as much as she thought.  She also starts to understand what is truly important. 


This novel was cute.  I enjoyed the world building.  Magic was an important part of their every day life but it involved different potions and seers.  This book just felt different from typical books where characters have magic.  At first I really hated Bowen.  I like Rosemary a lot and her quirky ways. but I was frustrated with her growing attraction to Bowen. He really seemed beneath her.  As the story went on he did grow on me but their story really did not seem as important to me as Rosemary and Pearl.  I really liked Rosemary and her roomate's story so much more. I also found Rosemary's backstory fascinating.  I didn't understand why her sister would not contact her.  I wanted to get to the bottom of this mystery and what the true story was.  Overall, I liked the story of Rosemary much more than the romance in this book.  She was a fascinating character from her pet snake, the way she dressed, and her backstory.  She is what made this story for me. 

4 out of 5 stars

Thank you to Dutton Book and NetGalley for this ARC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the Girls Were by Kate Schatz Publishes 3/3/26

The Shippers by Katherine Center Publishes 5/19/26

Double Shadow by Andrew Ludington Publishes 4/21/26